"Plastic surgery staff very kind and highly skilled"

About: St Thomas' Hospital (London)

I had a long fight to get some breast surgery that was neither for reasons of cancer or cosmetic. I was treated appallingly badly by UCH and Charing Cross so had low expectations of Guy's and St Thomas's but I can't praise them highly enough. From my experience this seems like a very well "joined up" service (I was passed smoothly and with good grace from breast to plastic departments) and I was treated with respect and care at all times.

The clinical care I received was faultless - even when I had to go to A&e on the Friday night nearest Bonfire night after I walked into a door when I got home after the surgery and ended up as an inpatient.

The surgery itself has been life-changing and it was touching to see the genuine delight of the staff when I was able to tell them just how successful it has been.

I am so very grateful for the care I received.

Response from St Thomas' Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. It is good to hear that that you were treated with care and respect throughout your time with us and the different departments involved in your care worked well together to create a joined up experience. We are pleased to hear that the surgery has resulted in such a positive outcome for you. We have passed your feedback on tothe teams involved.