"Wonderful support across the board"

About: University Hospital Aintree

My mother was admitted on 1st April having collapsed at home with what turned out to be pneumonia.

The A and E service was outstanding as was her next 3 days in intensive care. All Aintree Hospital staff were great but two members of staff in particular who both took time out of an extremely busy schedule to provide information and advice on how we could work together to support mum. (I stayed overnight on 2 occasions and they kept me informed throughout - even providing copious cups of coffee during the night!)

A move to Ward 23 proved similarly positive and they staff here again, were exemplary in their diligence and attention to my mother's needs. Super busy as they were and coping with a junior doctors strike, the care they provided was of the highest quality.

Thanks you so much for your support. I believe that this level of service doesn't happen by chance. I'm convinced that robust, caring and effective leadership must be in place to provide this level of outstanding care and this was most certainly evident.

We're not out of the woods yet and she may still succumb to her ailments, which are considerable. Nevertheless, the support to my family has been simply outstanding and we will be forever grateful.

Best wishes and thanks

Mark Lawes

Response from University Hospital Aintree

Hi Mark,

Thank you for taking the time to leave us some feedback. We are very glad to hear that you, your Mum and your family are receiving the best possible care and support from our staff during your Mum's stay with us. We'll make sure to pass on your comments to the teams looking after her.

Thank you!