"A&E Admission"

About: New Cross Hospital

My husband was admitted to A&E by ambulance last night, the ambulance staff were professional, reassuring, extremely kind and nothing was too much trouble, I couldn't fault them. It's a shame the same couldn't be said for the hospital. He was admitted with heart pains and a possible stroke, yet he was left in a corridor for hours along with many others before being seen by a doctor, with no one coming to check on him for over 2 hours. When I asked when a cubicle was going to be available for him to be seen, a nurse said they would check but they never came back to tell me. There was no information given to us and surely as a patient you should be kept informed if you think you've had a stroke or a cardiac episode when you've got cardiac history, it was a disgrace. As far as I can tell the old A&E worked much better than this brand new unit !!!

Response from The Royal Wolverhampton NHS Trust

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments relating to your husband's patient experience. I am sorry for any distress that this matter has caused.

To enable me to look further into your concerns, I would be grateful if you can contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) on 01902 695362 who can assist you further.

Kindest regards