"Really Excellent"

About: Queen Alexandra Hospital

I was called back after a routine mammography showed something not quite right.

The appointment was very soon after the routine screening so I didn't have to spend ages worrying. There was no delay at the appointment; I was seen promptly, and the Receptionist was friendly and welcoming. The radiographer was lovely and kept apologising for any pain that might be caused by the mammogram.

After that I saw a doctor for a consultation and scan, along with a kindly nurse.

The doctor showed me the x rays and explained everything clearly, then did a scan and explained those results to me too.

The whole consultation was professional, helpful and just excellent.

I can highly recommend the Breast Service at the QA - fantastic staff and service. Very happy indeed.

Response from Debra Johns, Patient Experience Officer, Portsmouth Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Penny

I'm pleased to hear that you had such a good experience within the Breast Services Department. I will share this with the staff involved who will be delighted to receive such positive feedback.

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience and I would like to take this opportunity to wish you well for the future.

Kind regards.