"Russells Hall Hospital"

About: Russells Hall Hospital / Clinical haematology

Earlier this year I was diagnosed with ITP (Idiopathic thrombocytopenic purpura), a rare blood disorder where your immune system starts to destroy the platelets in your blood.

A blood sample was taken on a Monday, the next day I was seen by a consultant who explained that I had a very low platelet count. I was then given many further tests - blood samples, an X ray, a bone marrow sample, etc - and by Wednesday The diagnosis was made and treatment started.

My condition is now, hopefully, under control and I cannot speak too highly of the staff of the haematology department who have dealt with me. Admittedly, a lot of time is spent in waiting, but this is a small price to pay for such excellent service.

I have not found parking a problem, though probably it depends on the time of day of your appointment.

Response from The Dudley Group NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your comments. We are acknowledging receipt of all feedback dating back to 2006, which was before the Trust began responding to all patient comments posted on the Patient Opinion website.