"Poor people skills"

About: Grantham & District Hospital / Trauma and orthopaedics

At my appointment yesterday at the fracture clinic the practitioner I saw was rude and uninterested in listening to my concerns. He didn't ask how my pain was or how I was feeling, and was only interested in telling me about my xray that was done over a week ago. I left feeling upset due to his manner and am still considering getting a second opinion as I am still in pain which I don't believe should be there.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Caz83,

Thank you so much for the feedback you left on the Patient Opinion website regarding your recent visit to the fracture clinic at Grantham Hospital.

I am very concerned in reading your comments that we appear to have got it so wrong in this case. The behaviours you describe are clearly not those which we expect our team members to adopt, and we would like to discuss these with the team member involved in your episode of care.

To enable us to do this, I will need a few details from you. If you would be kind enough to contact me directly, either by telephone on 01476 464152 or via e-mail to Damian.carter@ulh.nhs.uk, with your name, date of birth and your NHS number, if you have it.

This will allow us to identify the practitioner you saw, and also consider what further action we need to take to ensure you are happy with the outcome of your ongoing care.

Thank you once again for being so honest with your feedback. It does help us to ensure the care we deliver is of the highest quality, and that it meets our patients' expectations.

With best regards,