"I was treated with care and consideration"

About: Ipswich Hospital / General surgery

I came to the south theatres in early April for my operation which was performed by Mr Abdallah. From the moment of arrival feeling anxious I was treated with care and consideration by every member of staff I came into contact with. The hospitals professional approach to my care was obvious and I felt reassured at all times. I had key hole surgery so expected to go home the same night. In the event I had to be moved to another ward and stay overnight. Again, I was looked after with care and consideration by everyone. I would like to thank all the staff who looked after me including Mr Abdallah and his theatre team to all the staff on the wards from nurses to the breakfast lady who served my porridge.

Many thanks to you all.

Response from Steve Bruce, Patient Experience Manager, The Ipswich Hospital NHS Trust

Many thanks for taking the time to leave your feedback on the service you received here at Ipswich Hospital. I will be sure to share your story with each of the individuals and teams that you have mentioned. We take great pride in the care we offer here at Ipswich Hospital and we wish you a speedy recovery.