"Fantastic treatment but a horrendous nurse!"

I returned today for a L5 nerve block and I have a horrendous needle phobia.

When I spoke to the nurse about this they replied that "I needed to get a grip as there were other things in the world to worry about". I was gobsmacked that they had this attitude towards me. This actually only heightened my anxiety as I unfortunately had a difficult time with surgery in previous years and it's taken alot for me to get past this. They even made a remark that if I wanted pain relief then I needed to get on with it.

Previously I was treated in october and they were really sensitive and totally understood my phobia.

I'm appalled I was treated this way. If this is the standard of nurses that you have I would seriously look into this.

I felt patronised and felt their attitude was disgusting.

A side from this nurse , the team were amazing. They were just fantastic and I couldn't have asked for more.

Response from Renacres Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave us feedback. I have recently commenced in post as the General Manager and as such I am currently reviewing all recent feedback. Although I’m disappointed our service didn’t meet your expectations, listening to patient feedback, positive or negative, is crucial to improving our service for future patients. I have taken your feedback on board, and hope that if you are visiting us again, you have a more positive experience. If you would like to discuss further please call the Hospital and ask to speak to the General Manager regarding an online review. Again, thank you for your feedback.