"Absolutely appalling neurosurgeon!!"

About: Salford Royal

Neuro surgeon requires some interpersonal skills and better communication. After my visits today I am glad to say I won't be requiring any treatment from this hospital. Over an hours wait to be told "you have to go home and live with it" after being told they were unable to complete surgery. Appalling communication, when challenged about how rude they were, I was told "sorry we are unable to help, you need to go home as this is no longer my problem"!!!! I appreciate that surgery may not be the answer and when I tried to find out more on my causes for such pain, I again was told "I can't answer your questions and I don't know who can" disgusting response and treated with no respect as a patient!! Came away from this hospital feeling like I had done something wrong when all I wanted was answers!! Which I would of thought I would of had!! Wrong!!

Response from Salford Royal

Firstly we would like to apologise that this has been your experience within our service. We am very disappointed to hear that you have had such a negative experience and that you have been made to feel this way.

To allow us to investigate this further, can I ask that you contact our Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), on 0161 206 2003 or email them directly on pals@srft.nhs.uk with further details.

Kind Regards