"Superb treatment in the stroke unit and HDU"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

My son-in-law was admitted to the stroke unit and subsequently the HDU having suffered a severe stroke. Throughout his stay in both units he received first class treatment, all the medical staff were highly professional and they quickly turned a desperate situation into one of hope. Additionally my daughter, who attended every day, received wonderful support from all the staff, which was very much appreciated. My son in law returned to the Cumberland Infirmary and is now home, walking and negotiating stairs.

You have renewed our faith in the NHS. Thank you

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

Thank you for your kind comments and feedback on the services you received at the RVI. I am sure that it must have been a difficult time for your son-in-law and the rest of the family and we are glad that the support we provided helped you at that time. We always endeavour to provide the highest quality of care and I am sure the staff on the stroke unit and HDU will be appreciative of you taking the time to pass on your thanks.

We are also extremely pleased to hear that your son-in-law is home again and hope he continues to recover well.