"Planned C Section and Marsh Ward"

About: Royal Berkshire Hospital

I was admitted for a planned c section a week ago (march 2016) and cannot fault the staff and how they treated me.

The theatre staff were amazing and the anaesthetist was very informative about everything that was happening and how I would feel.

The midwives on the recovery ward were very caring and made a great deal of effort ensuring I was in the best position for feeding.

I was then transferred to Marsh Ward where, once again, the care was of a high standard. I also appreciated that the midwives accepted my decision to bottle feed after a traumatic couple of days with bleeding nipples.

My only small criticism was that I wish someone would have told me I could have had some water first thing in the morning. We arrived at 7.30am but didn't go to theatre until 12.40pm, as a result I was pretty dehydrated and felt faint.

Response from Royal Berkshire Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. We are very pleased to hear that you thought that the care you received in the various departments was of a high standard.

The matron for hospital maternity services will pass on your comments to all the departments and the staff, who will be very pleased that your experience was so positive. We will review our process for informing women that they may have some water on the morning of their Caesarean and we thank you for this feedback too.