"Expert care and attention - Day Surgery"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Day Surgery

I was so nervous when I attended Wishaw General day surgery this afternoon - but I'm so so impressed by the care and attention that I received from all the staff including Melissa who asked me all the questions on admission to Cathy who carefully held my hands for support during the procedure I was able to relax. Your kindness and overwhelming support was really appreciated. Thanks to Karen the Senior Charge Nurse and Sue. I will really be grateful if you will, pass on my thanks to all including Mr Kasem and the Registrar. Hopefully I won't need to come back for a while!

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear GearfulPeg,

Thankyou for taking the time to write your comments about your experience whilst in our day surgery unit. It can be an anxious time having to have a procedure carried out and I am delighted that all of the staff who cared for you were able to alleviate your anxiety and helped to make the experience a positive one. I will certainly pass on your thanks and kind words as I know that the staff will really appreciate these.

I hope that you keep well and as you say won't need to come again for a while,

Many Thanks

Best Wishes

• GearefulPeg thinks this response is helpful