"Disappointing service"

About: Ayr Hospital / Cardiology

The service I’ve been receiving from Ayr hospital has been really disappointing. I suffer from low heart rate and I often get breathless and therefore require to be seen by the cardiology department regularly.

However, for them it seems like it’s just a box ticking exercise! Their appointment system leaves a lot to be desired: the appointments they gave me (one in April and one in late October) are really far apart and I am concerned that until October something might happened to me. My wife, who used to be a medical professional is very upset as well, as last time I was there I was asked what I was doing there in the first place.

Dear King332,

I am sorry you have found this service to be disappointing, it is not what we want at all. I would like to look into this for you. If you were prepared to contact me on 01563 826222 or eunice.goodwin@aapct.scot.nhs.uk then with some of your specific details we can look into this and take it from there.

Meantime, please remember that your GP is there to help support you too should you have any concerns in the interim between appointments.

Kind regards,