"I won't be returning for the second assessment"

About: West London Mental Health NHS Trust / Gender Identity Clinic

First I feel like i was patronised by the  psychiatrist, then I feel like i was interrogated. Finally, I was made to feel as though I had to justify myself. I don't need to justify myself to anyone. Needless to say, I won't be returning for the second assessment.

Response from Lee Wroth, Service Manager, West London Mental Health NHS Trust

Dear Soma

It is with great regret and concern that I read you will not be returning for a second assessment at the GIC. At the GIC we do have to ask a number of questions to be able to make sound clinical judgements re the treatments that our service users want and what is most appropriate for each individual. Some of these are as a result in depth and probing, however, it is never intention to make anyone feel like they were either interrogated or had to justify themselves. Please accept my apologies for your feeling that this was the case following your appointment.

As it is my intention that the GIC learns from all comments made about the service we provide, I would like to ask you to contact me directly so that I may fully understand your concerns and address any issues that arise as a result.

Lee Wroth - Service Manager, The Gender Identity Clinic.