"My stay in hospital"

About: Royal Blackburn Hospital

I stayed in hospital for 3 weeks.I was very unhappy there.the ward was very makeshift and the nursing staff very disrespectful and unsympathetic and unprofessional.Ihad 4broken toes and very bad arthritis and could do very little for myself.I regularly had to waite10minutes for a bedpan.The food was awful ,it made me feel sick when I smelt it.I was not moved to a nicer ward during the 3 weeks.I hope I do not have to stay in this hospital again.I would not recommend it to a relative or friend .However the other departments I have dealt with and the paramedics have been very good.

Response from Royal Blackburn Hospital

Thank you for your feedback regarding your experience on Orthopaedics at Royal Blackburn Hospital and thank you for taking to the time to do so.

I am very sorry to hear that you were unhappy with the care on the ward and that you felt the staff were disrespectul and unsympthathetic but I am pleased that the other departments were very good.

We take all comments very seriously and I have forwarded them to the Matron for the area who will share with the team.

If you would like me to investigate this further, you can contact me (Helen Ritchie) on 01254 734471 or email me at helen.ritchie@elht.nhs.uk to provide some more information.

If you would like to share your experience in confidence with an independent organisation please contact Healthwatch BwD on 01254 504985 or info@healthwatchblackburnwithdarwen.co.uk

Or if you prefer you can discuss further any concerns you may have about our services with our East Lancashire Hospitals Trust Customer Relations team on 01254 733700 or complaints@elht.nhs.uk who can advise you of your options in raising these concerns further.

Helen Ritchie, Senior Patient Experience Facilitator.