"Dermatology melanoma clinic"

About: The Royal Victoria Infirmary

My 15 year old daughter was treated in this clinic on Thursday 6 April and had a lesion removed. She saw three different doctors and several nursing staff. I cannot speak highly enough of the standard of care given by every member of staff. She was treated with dignity, respect and sensitivity by all staff, was given full explanations every step of the way and was very much involved in the decision about the course of action to be taken. The doctor who removed the lesion was excellent. They provided encouragement and praise throughout the procedure and treated my daughter like the young adult that she is. The nurse who was present was friendly, supportive and informative. We came away with all of the information we need and an appointment for a week's time when we will get the results of the biopsy and details of further treatment if necessary. It is worth pointing out that the appointment was during the junior doctors' strike (which I fully support and would have done even had my daughter's appointment been postponed) but it was clear that staff were going an extra mile to maintain an excellent standard of care. Thank you to all staff involved.

Response from The Royal Victoria Infirmary

May we take this opportunity to thank you for taking the time to write in and thank the Directorate for the care and treatment you received whilst under the care of the Dermatology Department at the RVI. It is always good to get positive feedback from patients when things have gone well, the clinical and administration staff work hard to provide an excellent service and they will appreciate your kind remarks.

We hope if you require any further treatment in the future that you will receive the same level of care.