"Parking to available and close ..."

About: Freeman Hospital

Parking to available and close to hospital entrance.

This hospital has a good reputation for clinical excellence but its administrative support is poor. When writing to advise of the need to cancel and rearrange an appointment, the hospital should offer an alternative at the same time.

When I wrote to complain looking for an explanation the patients relations department failed to respond within the published timescale. Subsequent contact with the department was frustrating and it failed again when it did not get back to me by the date the manager specified.

The hospital also failed to provide me with a copy of the consultant's level to my GP despite asking for this at the time I attended the appointment.

All in all, a very poor level of service with little apparent regard for my health and wellbeing. This hospital is not a place I feel safe in.

Response from Freeman Hospital

Thank you for raising your concerns which we do take seriously. The Trust sets the highest standards for all aspects of care including administration, We have addressed your concerns with the relevant departments.

We can only apologise for the delay encountered in responding to the concerns.