"Touched by their reassurance"
About: Royal Derby Hospital Royal Derby Hospital Derby DE22 3NE
Yesterday I made the biggest mistake of my life, It was a lesson I will never, ever forget. I (accidentally) overdosed on MDMA.
Somehow in the sheer terror of the hallucinations and the horror of it all (aswell as my feelings of absolute shame and idiocy) I managed to realise that I needed urgent medical care. From phoning emergency services, to the abulance crew - right through to me leaving A&E - they were all absolutely amazing, truly caring professional people who didn't judge me for my mistake and cared for me deeply. I was made to feel dignified and human, when truly I felt I didn't deserve it.
To everybody yesterday who had to deal with me (The emergency phone operator, the Ambulance crew, the HCA's, the nurses, the doctor), I hope you read this (Please show them this message if you can) - Thank you from the bottom of my heart, its something I will never forget. I'm aware of what a fool I had been, and this very lesson that will stay with me for the rest of my life. I simply have no words to show the gratitude I have for how you made me feel, and not once did any of you look down on or judge me - at this very dark moment in my life.
Thank you all so much. I wish you all the very best, because from this day forward - I am going to live my life very differently. Bless you all.