"visiting my daughter"

On visiting my daughter I have heard a patient request a coffee and towels to have a shower and was denied both of these requests from a member of staff who is on Coral ward. This I find totally unacceptable. A patient has a right to ask for these things.

Also you have no set protocols in place different staff members on different days set there on rules in place. Unacceptable. My partner who has visited on his own and with me was very rudely spoken to by another member of staff.

We both visit my daughter on a motorbike which the member of staff decided they would take his helmet from him since October we have never had this happen and he was also not allowed to sit in the quiet room with her even though my daughter regards him as her step dad . I asked the member of staff why they said "other members of staff don't know the rules " well that says it all

Response from Langley Green Hospital

Hello my name is Vijay Kaleechurn and I am the General manager of Langley Green hospital – Sussex Partnership NHS Foundation Trust. I am so sorry to read of your poor experience while visiting Coral ward. We take feedback seriously and I would welcome a chance to listen to your experience and understand what's gone wrong. I will put my mobile number at the bottom of this message, do please call me, or if more convenient, email me direct at vijay.kaleechurn@sussexpartnership.nhs.uk.

Once I understand the detail of your experience I can see what I can do to help improve things.

Contact on – 07738 757 419