"Confusing sign-age, and an hour wait"

About: Locala Community Partnerships CIC / Contraception and sexual health (CaSH)

Having made an appointment I then had to wait one hour to actually see someone. The Hillside Health Centre has 4 reception desks over three floors and the signage to sexual health clinic is terrible.

The hub and spoke model is unnecessarily confusing to people as to what services are available where.

Service excellent after this point but reception could have noted there was a wait.

Response from Sarah True, Customer Engagement Manager, Locala Community Partnerships

Dear Ababab

We are sorry that your experience at Hillside Bridge was not a good one, I agree that due to the number of floors and entrances that patients aren’t well directed. We will look at what we can do to address this, so that there at least posters or signage available at each entrance to direct people to the correct place. We are only there temporarily so that is why we haven’t invested heavily in external or more permanent signage, we will however make sure the new building has all the appropriate signage in place.

Additionally you should have been informed on arrival if the clinic was running late, I am not sure whether you had an actual appointment or whether you attended a drop in, drop in can be busy and it is not uncommon to wait for a period of time. However in any instance you should have been informed of any sort of waiting time once you had booked in. We will address this with all the reception team on Monday.

I am pleased to hear that you felt that the service once in with the clinicians was excellent though, thank you for this I will pass this on to the team.