"Very upset"

About: Eastbourne District General Hospital

I had an appointment in the gynaecology department and the doctor was rude and very rough during the examination. The doctor actually hurt me during the examination. The doctor didn't give me a chance to speak even when they had asked a question which led to them telling me things I already knew and that weren't helpful in the slightest. I will be making a formal complaint.

Response from Eastbourne District General Hospital

We are deeply concerned to read your comments on NHS choices about your experience with a Doctor in the Gynaecology department at Eastbourne DGH.

What you describe is clearly alarming, and our Head of Midwifery and Gynaecology would urgently like an opportunity to speak with you. It’s important we gather more information, and investigate what happened as a matter of urgency.

If you feel you would like to do this, please contact the main switchboard on 01424 755255 and ask to be put through to the Head of Midwifery on her mobile.

Alternatively, we have a Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS) who can liaise with Trust Staff on your behalf, or offer advice about the NHS complaints procedure.

They can be contacted on 01424 758090 (or by email at esh-tr.PALSE@nhs.net)

We sincerely hope you make contact with us, and we apologise for the fact that your experience was poor and very upsetting.

The Head of Midwifery and Gynaecology is extremely concerned by what you describe, and would like to re-assure you that we take your feedback very seriously.