"Brilliant, inclusive experience"

I went today for my first consultant appointment for my pregnancy, as it was half term and a week day, my partner was working and my disabled child was off school. So I had to take him and go on my own which was slightly worrying as he doesn't like noises or crowds and I'm pregnant so can't do as much as I used to.

However, as soon as I got in, the receptionist asked about his needs and got us in a quiet room straight away, I was seen very very quickly and everyone who saw me was wonderful with my little boy making the visit a breeze.

This type of thing is so important and made everything so easy for him during a visit that could have given him a seizure and put me under a lot of stress.

Thank you to all of the staff involved today

Response from Susan Heighway, Patient Relations / PALS Manager , Patient Relations / PALS, Wrightington, Wigan and Leigh NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your lovely posting about your experience at your ante-natal appointment at Leigh Infirmary, for both you and your son.

It is pleasing to know that everyone’s needs are met at these appointments, which makes the whole experience as stress free as possible. I will share your posting with the Head of Nursing for Maternity Services so she can pass to the relevant staff.