"visit to urgent care centre"

About: Hexham General Hospital

i can not fault the excellent fast service my husband received when we attended one saturday evening with a one week history of back pain.

we were greated by a very pleasant receptionist who booked us in quickly and told us their would be a short wait to see the Traige nurse.

had not sat down .. when called by a pleasant nurse, my husband was asked several questions about his condition and offered pain relief.

following a short wait (30mins) my husband was seen bythe doctor, who treated my husband professionally and with great knowledge, we left with a prescription to collect from a chemist that evening.

we were seen and treated well withing an acceptable time.

i have no problem recommending the service now provided at Hexham Urgern Care Centre, but some people i have spoken to were unaware it is open at night.

it may be benificial to advertise in the local paper to say you are, i think it is very reasuring to have a 24hr service local to us and it would be a tradgety to loose through lack of use , the new hospital may be very good but it is a great distance from the rural community i live in . the Emergency Department at Hexham is a great loss, and concering to think what else we are going to loose.

Response from Hexham General Hospital

Dear Sir/Madam,

I’m was naturally delighted to read this review of our Urgent Care Centre at Hexham hospital – thank you for sharing it with us.

I will make sure that all the staff involved in your husband’s care are given the opportunity to read your feedback. It is always reassuring to hear that our patients are cared for with kindness – I’m also glad to know that your husband’s pain was managed so well.

I am pleased to read that you value the service we provide at Hexham- if you would like to talk through your concerns regarding access to emergency care in the future, I will be more than happy to give you some concrete assurances. My email is Annie.Laverty@nhct.nhs.uk.

Take care,