"Appalling phone line service"

About: Royal Liverpool University Dental Hospital

I have tried numerous times to contact the hospital by telephone, trying all four different options, attempting to get to speak to somebody to answer a question. I have found this impossible by waiting on the line. You are counted down to where you are in the cue only to get to number one and be directed automatically to leaving a message, something that could be done immediately without any waiting if you so wished. It is a waste of time to leave any messages as you never get a response!

Being from the locality I find the easiest way to get to speak to someone is to go there. In doing so you can get an idea of what the problem is. My opinion is that administratively Liverpool dental hospital is poorly run. I got the impression presenting myself at reception that my case had either be closed or lost.

My advice would be not to wait too long after your initial appointment for any further appointment, but to go there and chase them up.

Response from Royal Liverpool University Dental Hospital

Thank you for your comments. We are sorry to hear that you didn’t have a good experience with the Dental Hospital and have had problems contacting them. We would like to find out more from you so we can investigate your concerns properly. If you would like to contact the Patient Advice and Liaison Service (PALS), they will be able to help. You can contact them by phoning 0151 706 4903/4908/4909 or via PALS&complaints@rlbuht.nhs.uk.