"Out of hours doctors appointment"

About: Royal Hampshire County Hospital

Over the Easter bank holiday weekend I suffered severe back spasms and had to phone 111 who arranged an appointment with the out of hours service.

I was seen on time by a very patient and sympathetic doctor who gave me medication which has worked successfully. I'm so grateful for this service and the care I received, thank you.

We were very impressed.

Unfortunately there was a negative point on my visit however as we parked in the disabled bay at the front of A&E (as directed by 111) - my mother is disabled and had to take me - and on leaving we had to walk around the building which is quite hilly, and a long way when you are incapacitated (and it was raining). I realised then that the A&E receptionist had kindly let us through the building on arrival, but we were not allowed to return that way.

I was in great discomfort and had a few back spasms getting into the car which was quite stressful.

Please make the access to the out of hours department clearer and easier.

Response from Royal Hampshire County Hospital

Thank you for your feedback regarding the Out of Hours service. This service is run by Portsmouth Health Limited who can be contacted via enquiries@phlgroup.co.uk. I have also shared your comments with the emergency department managers who can review access to the disabled parking for the Out of Hours service.

Mary Edwards, Chief Executive