"Mental Health Services"

About: Devon Partnership NHS Trust / Primary care mental health

My local Depression and Anxiety service (DAS) were unable to provide help or treatment as I was too ill and my needs were too complex for their service. They referred me to the Community Mental Health Team (CMHT) for treatment. I attended an assessment where my history was taken but no real details of my current condition or how its affects on my ability to function. I was told I would most likely be referred for psycho therapy but that there was a waiting list of 6-9 months.

After waiting 3 weeks I received a letter to say I didn't reach the required threshold for further treatment and was discharged. This means I'm discharged by DAS as too ill and discharged by CMHT as not ill enough. This leaves me with depression and anxiety that leaves me unable to work and barely functioning but no treatment at all. This left me feeling abandoned and isolated further.

Response from Ruth McClelland, Communications & Engagement Officer, Devon Partnership NHS Trust

Dear Mamazo3

We are so sorry to hear of this confusion with your assessment and sincerely apologise for the added upset it has caused you. Please be assured that we will get to the bottom of this and will be able to offer you appropriate treatment. Would you be able to make contact with our Patient Advice & Liaison Service (PALS), on freephone 0800 073 0741 or by email dpn-tr.pals@nhs.net to identify yourself so we can take this forward? We look forward to hearing from you soon. Thanks for raising this issue here.