"Appointments gone well but a long time to wait"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Community Dermatology (Bromley)

This was the third appointment I have had, all of them have gone very well. I was seen by a lady doctor who was very thoughtful and considerate, keeping me informed about what the procedure would be and checking I was clear about all of it.

The downside is that I have received a letter saying it will be 6-8 weeks before I will hear about the result of the biopsy. I just think this is a long time to wait. It is stressful having a biopsy performed and to then have to wait such a long time for the results makes it even more distressing.

It’s a shame when I have been really impressed with the appointments themselves.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Integrated Care - Bromley ICN, Operations Directorate, Bromley Healthcare

Thank you for your posting! This is the second posting this afternoon in relation to the waiting time following a biopsy.

I absolutely understand your anxieties however the wait is due to the length of time taken for labs to process these types of tissue samples. I am afraid this is outside the control of the service.

I am glad that otherwise the appointments went well. I am sure that your GP or Practice Nurse would be happy to answer any questions you may have in relation to the biopsy if needed.

I hope the results are back with you as quickly as possible