"Appointments gone well but a long time to wait"

About: Bromley Healthcare / Community Dermatology (Bromley)

This was the third appointment I have had, all of them have gone very well. I was seen by a lady doctor who was very thoughtful and considerate, keeping me informed about what the procedure would be and checking I was clear about all of it.

The downside is that I have received a letter saying it will be 6-8 weeks before I will hear about the result of the biopsy. I just think this is a long time to wait. It is stressful having a biopsy performed and to then have to wait such a long time for the results makes it even more distressing.

It’s a shame when I have been really impressed with the appointments themselves.

Response from Amanda Mayo, Head of Nursing, Quality Team, Bromley Healthcare

Thank you for your posting! This is the second posting this afternoon in relation to the waiting time following a biopsy.

I absolutely understand your anxieties however the wait is due to the length of time taken for labs to process these types of tissue samples. I am afraid this is outside the control of the service.

I am glad that otherwise the appointments went well. I am sure that your GP or Practice Nurse would be happy to answer any questions you may have in relation to the biopsy if needed.

I hope the results are back with you as quickly as possible