"Excellent experience for my CT scan this morning."

About: Scunthorpe General Hospital

I had an appointment this morning for a thorax, abdomen and pelvic with contrast CT scan.

The receptionist at the Blue Sky Imaging Suite was very welcoming which is always a lovely start.

The HCA who came with the aniseed drink was very careful to explain how I should take the liquid and over what period.

Again, they were very friendly and asked if I had any questions.

I was told exactly when I needed to finish the drink by and how to make my way down to the waiting area prior to going onto the mobile CT scanner.

The member of staff who came to collect me was, yet again, very welcoming and friendly and on entering the mobile unit introduced me to the radiographer who (at the risk of sounding like a stuck record) was also very friendly.

They explained everything that was going to happen. I don't feel that I could have been any better looked after and I thank everybody involved for this.

I just have to get a gastroscopy and colonoscopy out of the way now and, hopefully, I will soon know what is going to happen (if anything).

Thank you once again.

Response from Scunthorpe General Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to post this review. It's lovely to hear your experience was a positive one and that staff were so friendly and helpful.

Best wishes with your future procedures,

Sarah Mainprize