"RTA - P1 - 30 minutes before a single paramedic..."

About: Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

My family and I were in a serious RTA earlier this week. All emergency services were called. There was no response for nearly half an hour and when the response did come it was a single paramedic car. There were 3 cars involved and 10 people in total. One man was unconscious for the duration of the wait.

My wife and I were not referred to hospital and have subsequently both been instructed to go to A&E with potential brain bleed symptoms. My doctor was so worried they sent me immediately with a letter and rang through to make sure i was prioritised. I sat in A&E for nearly 3hrs with no priority given to me considering i had had a serious head injury. My wife is currently sat waiting feeling sick and dizzy in A&E. She also was told by her doctor that she needed to be seen straight away.

It would appear that head injuries aren't as important as twisted ankles etc as i watched these patients come and go before i was seen, as is my wife currently. Triage? pffff.

I will add that once i was seen the junior doctor i saw was wonderful, kind and caring.

Response from Gloucestershire Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Hello,

Sorry to hear about what sounds like an extremely stressful time for you and your wife. We would like to look into the issues you've raised regarding your time in A&E further. If you haven't already done so, it would be helpful if you could get in touch with our patient liaison (PALS) team who can take a few more details. You can email pals.gloucestershire@glos.nhs.uk or call 0800 019 3282 (Free phone)

Best wishes