"Lost dentures"

About: Queen's Medical Centre / Older people's healthcare

My mother is currently in the Queen's Medical Centre Nottingham as an inpatient. During her stay her dentures have been lost. She has been without dentures for the past 10 days and unable to eat solids. Since being an inpatient for five weeks she has sustained weight loss which obviously is not helped by having no dentures. At the very least I would have expected this to have been addressed by her current ward or passed on to the relevant department to handle. I feel it is the hospital's responsibility to resolve this problem, the sooner the better. I would very much appreciate information as to where to start the process to arrange replacement dentures please.

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

I am very sorry to hear that your mother’s dentures have gone missing and the ongoing problems this is causing. Please do speak to the ward manager so that we can resolve this for you and arrange replacements as quickly as possible (if you haven’t done so already). I am happy to look into this directly if you could get in touch to let me know which ward your mother is currently on. You can telephone me on 0115 924 9924 ext 65063 or email me at andrew.steggles@nuh.nhs.uk.

Kind regards,