"Their 'banter' was much needed during a stressful time"

About: Dumfries & Galloway Royal Infirmary / Paediatrics

(as a parent/guardian),

My daughter was admitted through the night to the children's ward with pneumonia. Her condition very quickly deteriorated. The staff on duty that night were very quick to recognise she was very poorly and were so professional and quick in administering the correct treatments. I felt a wave of panic and fear come over me as I watched my daughter struggle to breathe. As I watched Danielle the doctor and nurses Vicky, Lizzy and Linda work so well together my fear slowly alleviated. Through the tears that night I was still able to laugh, thanks to those nurses on duty who's "banter" was much needed during a very stressful time. They say laughter is the best medicine and I couldn't agree more.

Response from Michaela Cannon, Patient Feedback and Complaints Co-ordinator, Patient Services, NHS Dumfries & Galloway

Dear Xlcheese,

Thank you for taking the time to provide us with your feedback. I am pleased that you and your daugher had such a good care experience during what I can only imagine was a worrying and distressing time for your family.

I have forwarded your comments to the staff concerned as I know they will appreciate your kind words. We are indeed fortunate to have such a committed and dedicated staff within NHS Dumfries and Galloway and it is always heartening for staff to receive such positive feedback.

If you have any further comments or improvements that you would like to suggest please do not hesitate to contact us.