"Not enough parking spaces"

About: Queen Elizabeth University Hospital Glasgow

I have attended the Queen Elizabeth Hospital, Glasgow on 4 separate occasions for outpatient appointments for both myself and my daughter. On all occasions I have been in the hospital grounds a minimum of half an hour prior to the appointment time. All 4 times I have had to ring the relevant department to inform them I'm going to be late.

Parking is ridiculous. There are not enough spaces for the size of the hospital, there should be a better system in place.

Response from Lisa Ramsay, Patient Experience Public Involvement Team Support, NHS Greater Glasgow & Clyde

Dear Kerronna

Thank you for taking the time to post about your recent experience on Patient Opinion. I am sorry that on your last 4 visits to the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital it has taken such long time to find a parking space on each occasion. I know this must have been frustrating for you especially as you have said each time you have had to contact each department to let them know you would be late, through no fault of your own.

This is not acceptable and we are aware there are issues with parking at the Queen Elizabeth University Hospital. I will pass on your comments to our colleagues in Facilities.

Best wishes