About: Wexham Park Hospital

My son was admitted Monday night after being assessed by a fantastic paramedic who called him an ambulance.

Upon arrival at A&E 'Purple' area, the paramedics (who were also fabulous) handed over to very unfriendly and uncaring staff. They took his blood and told us to go and sit in the waiting area where my son continued being violently sick without even being offered a sick bowl! After approx a 3 hour wait we were called into the 'Blue' Area where from then on the staff have all been magnificent.

A long story short, my son was operated on the same day and spent a comfortable night in the Day Surgery Unit where he has been well looked after.

I just wanted to say how a distressing experience was finally made as good as it could be.

Many thanks

Response from Wexham Park Hospital

Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback on your son's unexpected visit to Wexham Park.

I'm pleased to read that generally your experience was a positive one despite the distressing circumstances.

I'm disappointed that you felt the staff in the purple area were not friendly or welcoming.

I will make sure this is fed back to the Matron to address with the staff on duty.

I hope your son makes a speedy recovery

Kind Regards