"My admission"

About: Balfour Hospital / Accident & Emergency Scottish Ambulance Service / Emergency Ambulance

After having a severe infection I was taken to A&E by ambulance. I spent one night in HDU and several nights in the Acute Ward. I have to say my care was of the highest standard and all the staff went out of their way to ensure I comfortable and receiving the best possible treatment. This goes for all the health care professionals from Ambulance Crew to Nurses and Doctors and associated staff. We have some of the best NHS staff in Scotland i feel!

Response from Andy Fuller, Head of Service - North Division, Scottish Ambulance Service

Dear "orklad"

I am very pleased to hear you had a positive experience and that you are well enough to be back home.

It is always very satisfying for frontline staff to receive positive feedback from patients so I will be passing this onto my staff in Kirkwall

Response from Julie Tait, Patient Experience Officer, NHS Orkney

Dear Orklad

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your very positive experience with us. I am extremely happy to hear that your stay in hospital went so well.

I will share your kind comments with the staff involved who will be delighted to hear how well you feel they cared for you. It is always very rewarding for our staff to receive feedback from patients they have looked after.

I hope you are recovering well and feeling much better after your stay in hospital.