"The ambulance staff are great fun"

About: South Western Ambulance Service NHS Foundation Trust / Patient transport service (PTS)

The ambulance men who take me to the hospital are great fun. I have to go to hospital regularly and each time I book the ambulance transport I am always treated extremely well. This time I went for a blood transfusion and when the crew took me back home they knew that I should not exert myself after a transfusion. They saw that I would have to make my way upstairs to get to my flat and insisted that would get me upstairs with their help. To my amazement they carried me, in my wheelchair, up the stairs to my flat and made sure I was settled in before leaving.

I cannot recommend this service highly enough – they always do everything they can to cheer everyone up.

Response from Sara Coburn, Patient Engagement Manager, Governance, South Western Ambulance Service Foundation Trust

Hi Ozone162

Thank you for taking the time to share your story with us.

It is always rewarding to hear stories of how our staff are delivering care and support to patients, when they need it most.

We would be happy to share your story with the ambulance staff involved in your care, however to do so we will need some specific information. If you would like us to do this, please may I ask you to contact us on either plaudits@swast.nhs.uk or 01392 453 831 and a member of the Patient Engagement Team will be happy to help you further.

Thank you, again, for taking the time to provide us with feedback.