"Early Pregnancy Unit"

About: Forth Valley Royal Hospital / Maternity unit

After going through the trauma of ivf and then bleeding at 6 weeks. I phoned the epu. I spoke to a lovely lady to agreed to speak to a consultant and get an early scan. The next day Another lady called me with her opinion of if I am still bleeding in 10-14 days then do another pregnancy test. Really? What happened to talking to a consultant and a scan? Refusing to see someone who could be having a miscarriage and also 2 different people saying two very different things. If I am having a miscarriage then I will formally complain that I was refused to be seen! Oh and the fact the second lady was very rude telling me to go back to my clinic for a scan. Even if it is abroad? ?

Response from Gail Bell, Deputy Head of Midwifery, Women and Children, NHS Forth Valley

I was sorry to read your posting about the uncaring attitude of one of our staff members and for the conflicting advice given at what must have been a very worrying time for you.

I will ensure staff are made aware of your experience both good and bad and ensure there is learning for all especially around giving consistent advice.

I hope everything has now settled with your pregnancy. If you require any further assistance please feel free to contact me.

Kindest regards