"Long wait for psychology appointment"

About: Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust / Children and family psychology service

I have suffered from mental health problems since the age of 17. I am 50 now.

I have used several services of the NHS, some of which have been good and ok. In July 2008 I was referred to the psychology dept and I am still waiting for an appointment.

Both my GP and myself have contacted the dept and have been told it will be several month before I get an appointment. I am now on two types of medication and have had to take some time off work, how long do I have to wait?

Response from James Maclachlan, Web Officer, Communications, Lancashire Care NHS Foundation Trust

The Trust provides a range of psychological services including interventions and therapies provided by clinical psychologists, counsellors, cognitive behaviour therapists and psychotherapists. We also provide services in partnerships with PCTs including Improving Access to Psychological Therapies. Due to this range and differences in commissioning, our services do vary in waiting times across Lancashire. If you would like to contact us/PALS further then we could look into your issues in more detail.

PALS provide a listening ear and offer practical help and advice. Their aim is to support your journey through mental health services within the NHS.

Contact Tel numbers: