"Miserable experience"

About: Broomfield Hospital

This place has some serious issues; mainly because it is simply too big. Parking is dreadful; it took me 30 minutes to find a space on some rough ground then you need £3 to pay for it. I did not have enough change and the machines will not take notes (even if they did they offer no change) so I had to walk around the hospital trying to find somewhere. This included getting abused by the people in the ambulance station. Eventually asked in A & E and was told there was a change machine "if it is working"; luckily it was but I ended up with 20 pound coins.

When I got to my appointment I was left sitting on a small, hard plastic chair in a dreary corridor.

There are other, smaller hospitals in and around Chelmsford which are much better and I will try to arrange appointments there in future.

Response from Broomfield Hospital

We appreciate you taking the time to feedback. It is shocking to read that you were abused in the ambulance station, I will forward to East of England Ambulance Trust. We appreciate that parking can be difficult and therefore have a regular shuttle bus to Chelmer Valley Park and Ride. We are also aware that one of the diagnostics waiting areas is not a comfortable environment. All feedback is valued.

Best wishes