"Long Waiting Times and mislaid results"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / General Surgery

I had been experiencing gastric problems. This continued for a while and I was referred to WGH. I waited roughly 24 weeks to be seen

At my appointment it was a locum I saw who referred me to have a scan. The scan was carried out at the end of October and until last week my results had gone missing/ to the wrong department.

I called the hospital a few times to be spoken to rudely. Told that my gp should be doing the calling anyway.

My gp surgery were promised that the results would be faxed through, but they have not been received.

I called again last week to be told that the results were sent to the locum and I should receive an appointment for April.

I feel I have been totally let down from start to finish. I am not sure if I should have much hope about receiving an appointment or who should I try contact next.

Response from Maureen Dobbin, Senior Nurse, Surgical & Critical Care, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear murgill,

I am sorry to hear that you have experienced a less than satisfactory service from us. In order the let me investigate and get you the information that you you require, can I ask that you contact Yvonne Ross at our Patient Affairs department with your details on 01698 366558

Best Wishes

Maureen

• murgill thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by murgill (the patient)

I have since had a follow up appointment but still no results sent to my doctor.

At the appointment the doctor said he would write to my gp with new medication and the results. It has been over 3 weeks and my gp has not received this and has asked me to chase this up.

Dear murgill,

I am sorry that you still have no results. Can I ask that you contact our patient affairs manager with your details to allow me to investigate and chase up your results for you on 01698 366558

Many thanks