"Sympathetic and caring staff for emergency dental appointment"

About: Crosshouse Hospital / Oral Surgery & Medicine

Having a dental phobia, I was very anxious when I needed an emergency appointment due to horrendous toothache. When I arrived I was taken in early, which was great and was met by 2 nurses and a dentist. I explained that I was a dental phobic and they all were fantastic with me. Talked me through everything and even a reassuring pat on the shoulder to tell me not to worry. Unfortunately with the pain I was in I can't remember the name of the dentist. Otherwise I would be praising her for her truly sympathetic and caring manor shown to me when I needed help. A true credit to the NHS. Tooth was pulled and no more pain since. Thank you so very much.

Dear Toothache patient,

I think toothache is like no other pain and I fully understand why you were so glad to get rid of it. Thank you for sharing your story with us. I will make sure it gets passed to the team so they know how you felt about your care. While you do not know which dentist is was, I suspect she may recognise the story herself. I am glad it was a caring and sympathetic experience you had.

best wishes,