"first birth january 2016"

About: Kettering General Hospital

my waters broke 2 weeks early, and i went up to maternity ward to confirm the waters did break, and by my surprise we were not going home as i was 2cm dilated and they wanted to induced me, which they did, but unfortunatly my body kept contracting too quickly, which in then had to be removed, and once i reached 4cm dilated i was allowed back down to labour ward.

once i was down on the labour ward ready for my little girl arrival, the rooms were massive, had my own toilet and shower.

the staff were all friendly and bubbly.

i was prepared for a c section due to some complications but in the end i was able to deliver naturally with no stitches needed.

the midwife who delivered my girl was amazing and always asked if i was ok, and asked permission for the student midwife to watch the birth.

i felt bad at times as i did scream and cry due to the pain of labour, but the help with as and air it did ease it abit

with the 4 nights in hospital in total, im safe to say out daughter is 2 months old and is well and i am thankful to have given birth in kettering.

i will be choosing this hospital again for our future baby.

keep up the amazing work :)

Response from Kettering General Hospital

Thank you very much for taking the time to provide us with such positive feedback. I am glad that you had a good experience. Our midwives work very hard to ensure that all women receive individualised care and this was clearly evident in your experience. I will ensure I share your feedback with the whole team.

Best wishes to you and your family.

Mara Tonks