"Surgical Assessment Unit North Middlesex..."

About: North Middlesex Hospital

I must confirm what a thoroughly professional outfit the SAU at NMUH is. I required daily dressing changes and wound checks following surgery at another hospital which meant my local district nursing team were unable to support me with this during the week.

I was treated with dignity, respect and the upmost professionalism at a time when the SAU were under considerable pressure.

The department has been finished to a high standard, but could do with some additional reclining chairs and some additional observation equipment to make it first class. The staff were welcoming, informative, considerate of my needs and gave excellent clinical information on the process of the healing and management of my considerable wound.

In spite of the delays experienced elsewhere in the hospital which catch the headlines, the SAU was in my opinion an excellent unit which an excellent and professional groups of staff who put the needs of the patient first.

Response from North Middlesex Hospital

Thank you for your wonderful comments.

It's great for the fantastic and hardworking surgery assessment unit team to get recognition for their professionalism.

Thank you.

I am the managing director for SAU, elizabeth.ball1@nhs.net, and will be sharing your comments with the team.