"My short stay in hospital"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I was taken ill Tuesday at my doctor surgery they called a ambulance as they were panicking at my condition they were about to defibrillator me when the paramedic came in and took over the situation with omens professionalism they took time to sort me out charm me down then transport me to w/o .at w/o I was taken straight in for a x Ray then put in a rhesus bay were the medical doctors nurse gave me the medication I needed and made sure I was ok as my space was needed for the next poorly person I unfortunately had to wait 11 hours for a bed and I sore first hand what first class professionalism from all the different cultures who were working together like a well oiled clock everyone was apologetic for the inconvenience of me being there but I eventually got there.every one on the wards doctors and nurses were all a one they always had time and a smile what ever the situation

Altogether my experience Victoria hospital is******* u couldn't ask for anything better well done

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Dear Mark

Thank you for your feedback following your recent admission to Blackpool Victoria Hospital.

I am pleased, from what you have indicated, that you had a positive experience and that you were able to see firsthand, how dedicated our staff are. However, I am sorry that you unfortunately had to wait 11 hours until you were allocated a bed.

Your experience will be shared with the teams involved. I would like to thank you for taking the time to post your experience and I hope that you continue to recover well.