"First class care and treatment"

About: Lincoln County Hospital United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Firstly I am a healthcare professional, and never needed to use our very own services.

I became unwell a week or so ago with what I thought was just a cold, my chest got steadily worse.

On Sunday I attended the walk in centre on Monks road and was seen promptly by a nurse practitioner called Ian, he was excellent and soon realised I wasn't so well. He nebuliser me in the walk in centre and sent me straight to A&E.

I still didn't realise  I was 'that' poorly. I was seen within minutes in A&E by a nurse and a Dr, they gave me further treatment. I was now thinking that I might be a bit more poorly than I once thought!

After Iv drugs and plenty of nebulisers I wasn't getting much better. Btw all the staff (some who I knew) were professional and very caring through out. I was then taken in to Resus, this is when I knew things got real!

I was then reviewed by two consultants (this was a Sunday BTW Mr Hunt if you're reading this). Again I did know both consultants. Dr Scheele and Dr Daniels both put me at ease, made me feel much better.

I was then taken to MEAU and was seen very promptly again. I was then moved to Dixon ward, the care and treatment received on there was second to none. The ward felt very calm, and welcoming. Again I did know some staff, and they also remained very professional through out.

Also, being a patient and on the other side of things you do hear how people talk to people, and the staff should be proud of how they speak to patients, I heard everyone introducing themselves to patients. The respect shown to a patient with dementia was brilliant.

Thank you again to all of the people involved in my treatment.

Lincoln County Hospital is a very very good place to be treated. Although, I don't want to go back in, I know wouldn't be scared to go in as an inpatient.

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ianh78,

Thank you for taking the time to pass on your comments to Patient Opinion, it is always a pleasure to be able to pass on praise to the staff and I think it is especially well received when the praise comes from a colleague. I hope you continue to make a good recovery.

Regards

Karen Hansord – A&E Sister

• Ianh78 thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ianh78,

Thank you for your lovely comments, and for taking the time to post them, I will take great pleasure in sharing them with all my team on Dixon Ward.

I’m really pleased to hear your treatment with us was second to none and that you felt the staff were both welcoming and professional.

Our aim is to make you well and ensure you feel safe whilst in our care, and it makes me happy to know this was the case.

Best Wishes

Alison Strutt

Ward Sister - Dixon Ward

• Ianh78 thinks this response is helpful

Response from Steve Knight, Communications Officer, Lincolnshire Community Health Services NHS Trust

The WIC team would like to thank you for taking the time and effort in highlighing the high level of care and attention you received during your recent ill health

Ian the Nurse Practitioner you consulted with is currently on leave but I will most certainly pass your thanks and positive comments to him. It is a credit of his knowledge and skill sent to ensure you were signposted for further assessment and treatment in A&E after he had commenced initial treatment.

It is always pleasing to hear of a patients outcome and it appears you are now on the road to full recovery and we hope this continues.

• Ianh78 thinks this response is helpful

Response from United Lincolnshire Hospitals NHS Trust

Dear Ianh78,

Thank you for taking the time to post such positive comments on Patient Opinion. I will ensure that this is passed onto the staff on MEAU.

I hope that your health is continuing to improve.

Wendy Rojas - Sister, MEAU