"Day surgery centre"

About: Blackpool Victoria Hospital

I was very pleasantly suprised at the amount of effort and attention to detal that went in to my fairly routine hernia operation. The staff could not have been more caring or attentive to my needs.

If you are going to attend the day surgical centre have no worries you will be looked after with dignity and as an individual not just a number.

The whole procedure was very well administrated and carried out by knowledgable proffesionals in what must be a conveyor belt operation.

Whilst you cannot recommend a surgical visit to a hospital I feel this unit is at the top of the tree in making it as pleasant and informative as possible.

So a heartily felt well done to all the staff who helped me yesterday

Response from Andrew Heath, Lead in Patient Experience & Engagement, Blackpool Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust

Thank you for your feedback following your recent admission to Blackpool Victoria Hospital. I am grateful you have taken the time to share and write about your experience.

It is always fantastic to hear such positive experiences and when staff have demonstrated our own trust values in their everyday practice.

I will share your experience with the teams involved and wish you a continued recovery.

Andrew Heath