"My shoulder"

About: City Hospital campus / General surgery City Hospital campus / Trauma and orthopaedics Queen's Medical Centre / Accident and emergency Queen's Medical Centre / Trauma and orthopaedics

Ten years ago I fractured my shoulder in about 17 places, I was admitted to QMC then Nottingham city hospital and saw the amazing Consultant A Wallace who carried out an external fixture procedure which at the time was not a normal thing to do, I had pins sticking out of me for the next 6 months and then ten years of riding, rock climbing and all the things I normally do. Last year I had an infection more surgery and more excellent care on Harvey one ward, I simply cannot thank all the staff involved in my care and all the consultants and especially mr Wallace.

I play with my daughter, ride my bike run, climb and most days have a very active life, sure I have osteoarthritis and have my bad days and pain but without the EXCELLENT and AMAZING skill and care from these two great hospitals and their staff I wouldn't be doing all the things that make up my life.

I cannot thank everyone involved personally so I thought I would tell my story here

Response from Nottingham University Hospitals NHS Trust

Thanks for your feedback. It’s great to know you’ve received such excellent care with us. I’ve shared this with the team on Harvey one & Professor Wallace, one of our most experienced and renowned consultant orthopaedic surgeons.

My best wishes to you and your daughter!

Kind regards,

Julia Holmes.

Ward Manager, Harvey 1.

• Technomouse thinks this response is helpful

Update posted by Technomouse (the patient)