"NHS hernia referral"

About: Spire Hartswood Hospital

I was given the briefest amount of time possible with the consultant who was dismissive of my concerns and unwilling to explain as to why they had chosen the type of surgery offered. On the day of the operation the consultant was, if anything even more reluctant to talk through the procedure. When it was mentioned that there can be complications resulting in long term pain from the operation their answer was that I would just have to get on with it if that turned out to be the case! Fortunately I was suffering from a cold and was unable to have general anaesthetic (could have had the op under local or epidural at most other clinics).

Very relieved, will go and have this done elsewhere, by a person with people skills who can communicate.

Response from Spire Hartswood Hospital

We are very sorry to hear that you feel you have not received the high standard of service we always aim to deliver. Listening to and acting on feedback is important to us and we would like to take the opportunity to meet with you to discuss your experience. We have a thorough process for considering any complaint we receive and look upon it as an opportunity to identify how we might improve our service; to arrange this, please contact me on telephone number 01277 266 746.

I hope to hear from you soon.

Mark Gilmour