About: Wishaw General Hospital / Day Surgery Wishaw General Hospital / Gynaecology

I was diagnosed with endometriosis 17 years ago.  I had five or six surgerys over a seven year period each time new endo was found and treated. I had a laparoscopy yesterday, this was my first in about eleven year, the doctor never found any.  now I know that doesn't mean it's not there, but the doctor said I don't have endometriosis, not we couldn't find any despite me having a letter from saying 'minimal ovarian endo showed up on a scan'

I'm not angry they didn't find any I'm just upset the way I was told I didn't have it, no follow up was offered to help get to the root of my problem, I've been bed ridden for over five year my period had taken over my life, I'm so upset I'm no further forward, my life is still on hold, I honestly don't know where to turn to next.

Response from Eileen Clarke, Senior Nurse, Care of the Elderly, Monklands Hospital

Dear Lh79

I am so sorry that you have been upset by your recent appointment. I’d like to apologise and can assure you that I will share your story with the Gynaecology team. We would welcome the opportunity to discuss the issues you have raised in more detail and if you contact my secretary on 01698 366564, we will endeavour to answer your questions.

Please be assured that our aim is to provide person-centred care to all patients at all times and we will use your experience for learning in particular the need for clear communication.