"Best care in the world"

About: Epsom Hospital

I had a traumatic time in March 2014 when I had my son.

A long labour resulted in an emergency c section. Theatre staff were amazing. Very professional and out me totally at ease.

I spent 4 hours with my son in recovery, then I was taken to ICU for 4 days as I was severely ill. My baby was taken to special care where they did a wonderful job of taking care of him.

Once back on the maternity ward, I was looked after extremely well by the lovely midwives. I spent 3 days here before going home. Due to my illness I had a private room and my partner was able to stay over at night time. This was a huge help as I had drips in both hands and needed the extra help.

The midwives were incredibly kind, caring and considerate. I cannot fault anything. If it wasn't for their quick responses during labour, I would not be here today; I am very lucky to be alive. I owe everything to those amazing midwives, doctors and nurses.

I honestly did receive the best care in the world at Epsom

Response from Epsom Hospital

Thank you for sharing this wonderful feedback with us. We are delighted to hear that your rate the care you received so highly, and we hope that you and your son are now doing well. We will share your lovely comments with the teams in maternity and the Special Care Baby Unit.