"Excellent care"

About: Wishaw General Hospital / Trauma & orthopaedics

My mum was admitted to hospital after a fall and had a broken hip. After her operation she was moved to ward 12 to help her walk again. Mum was in this ward for several weeks and although the staff are obviously rushed off there feet they always made us feel so welcome and always treated mum with great kindness and respect. it was great being able to visit with mum outside of normal visiting hours as this is difficult for me trying to juggle with other commitments. I hope the staff in ward 12 know how we value the way that they carry out there job, always a smile! !

Response from Fiona Cross, Occupational Therapy Team Leader, Wishaw General Hospital, NHS Lanarkshire

Dear 12happy,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your comments about the care your Mum received on ward 12 and the support provided to yourself. I hope your mum is continuing to progress at home and I will ensure the ward staff including the therapists are aware of your post,

kind regrads

Response from Janice Miles, Senior Nurse, Older People Services and Outpatient Services, Wishaw General Hospital

Dear 12happy,

Thank you for taking the time to post such a positive experience of your mum’s care in Ward 12.

I was delighted to note your comment that the staff made you feel so welcome and were cheery even when the ward was so busy. It was rewarding to hear what a difference it makes to families being able to visit at anytime.

I will be sure to share your post with SCN Karen Wilson and all the staff.

I wish you and your mum all the best and hope that your mother continues to make a good recovery.